Featuring powerful conversations from 22 For ’22, the second annual virtual summit for gender equality
Around the world, transformational activists and thinkers are pushing for change—change for our climate, our human rights, our reproductive freedoms, our mental health, and more. Women, girls, and nonbinary people everywhere are building and rebuilding with curiosity, intent, and urgency.
Continuing its mission to convene, unite, and strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality, CHIME FOR CHANGE has collaborated with The Meteor to release a special digital edition of its CHIME Zine, amplifying conversations from 22 For ’22: Visions for a Feminist Future: the second annual virtual summit broadcasted in May 2022 and hosted by Symone D. Sanders, the celebrated author, political strategist, and host of MSNBC’s new show Symone.
“[Everywhere] you look these days, women, girls, and non-binary people are deep in it, standing up to overwhelming times with overwhelming, electrifying courage.”
The 22 For ’22 CHIME Zine features a broad range of voices, including:
- Amandla Stenberg, actor, artist, and CHIME FOR CHANGE Advisory Board member,
- Ayisha Siddiqa, human rights and environmental justice advocate and co-founder of Polluters Out,
- Brandon Kazen-Maddox, ASL artist, choreographer, and co-founder of the Up Until Now Collective,
- Busy Philipps, New York Times best-selling author, actor, and activist,
- Chris Smalls, president of the Amazon Labor Union based in Staten Island, NY,
- Cindi Leive, co-founder of The Meteor,
- Dolores Huerta, iconic labor rights activist,
- Fatema Hosseini, Afghan journalist,
- Janicza Bravo, award-winning writer, and director,
- Olena Chianova, Ukrainian citizen and lawyer,
- Paola Mendoza, filmmaker, author, and organizer,
- Paola Ramos, Vice News, Telemundo, and MSNBC host,
- Paula Avila-Guillen, lawyer who led Colombia’s movement to decriminalize abortion,
- Raquel Willis, award-winning writer, and activist,
- Symone D. Sanders, host of MSNBC’s Symone,
- Tarana Burke, author, founder, and chief vision officer of the #MeToo movement,
- Artwork by Mafreshou.
View and explore the new CHIME Zine here or download here, and watch the video of the full 22 For ’22 program here.