Presenting the third cohort of awardees comprising 12 talented young students
The Gucci Changemakers Scholarship program, a $1.5M fund over four years aiming to provide scholarships to diverse undergraduate students with unmet financial need interested in the fashion and design industry, now has its third cohort of awardees for 2022. This year’s class, a group of 12 young people from diverse backgrounds who are pursuing careers within fashion, humanities, or the arts at undergraduate colleges or universities, will receive an academic scholarship for $20,000 in addition to mentorship and virtual internship opportunities through Gucci America.
The 12 talented and deserving recipients of this year’s 2022 Gucci North America Changemakers Scholarship program:
- Antonio Finamore-Phillips, Otis College
- Cassius Palacio, University of Southern California
- Dekaye Hailu, University of California, Los Angeles
- Doreen Pierre, Parsons School of Design
- Dorothy Pallanes, Drexel University
- Exodus Broussard, Loyola Marymount University
- Jalynn McDuffey, Florida A&M University
- Madison Grant, Xavier University of Louisiana
- Mahlon West, Howard University
- Miles Richards, College of Creative Studies
- Nathan Batra, The Savannah College of Art and Design
- Theodora Etokimo, Toronto Metropolitan University
In addition, Gucci Changemakers will provide the third year of scholarship funding to the 2019 Gucci Changemakers X CFDA Scholar by Design Awardees:
- Ajai Kasim, Parsons School of Design
- Kaya Ugorji, Fashion Institute of Technology
The 2022 class will join the Changemakers community as it continues to grow, offering students the opportunity to pursue their unique path within the fashion and arts industry. When asked about how Gucci Changmakers Scholars will impact his college education, Cassius Palacio, a 2022 Gucci Changemakers Scholar, said “With much gratitude and the hugest grin on my face, being selected as a Gucci Changemakers Scholar makes me feel like I have the world’s most passionate and enthusiastic cheerleader for my past accomplishments and future ones to come! As one knows how interpersonal design is, this scholarship award enables me to be in a stress-free environment that allows me to devote more attention to my enthusiasm for learning about how intersectional design is in architecture.”
The next round of applications for the Gucci North America Changemakers Scholarship Program will open in late Fall 2022.
For more information about the Gucci Changemakers Initiatives applications and eligibility requirements, please visit http://changemakersus-scholarshipprogram.gucci.com or call 1-877-482-2430.